Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
About the Lead Software Engineer role
Our client is looking for a very experienced software engineer to join their talented development team to work on their flagship product. This is an exciting opportunity to have significant influence over the further development and enhancement of our clients core platform and apply and promote excellence in software engineering.
Specific responsibilities of the Lead Software Engineer will include:
Acting as the lead engineer in a small team of talented software and QA engineers, shaping development through your own ideas, skills and experience
• Designing and developing software to further enhance, maintain and test the MI platform including the following areas:
o Server and database systems
o C# and WCF APIs
o User facing applications (on the web and desktop)
• Having the opportunity to extend your skills with the latest web technologies (ASP.NET MVC & Web API, AngularJS)
• Providing support and advice to team members; training, mentoring and offering constructive feedback (including via code review)
• Promoting learning within the team and identifying and helping to implement process improvement
• Managing continuous integration via our TeamCity suite
• Using, and promoting the use of, the latest development tools
• Applying SOLID principles & design patterns to create well-architected, maintainable code. Taking a leading role in the review and evolution of our development principles to ensure the best software is produced
• Be highly self-motivated and technically accomplished with an impressive track record of collaboration and mentoring within teams
• Have the analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with simple solutions and be able to build consensus around those solutions
• Have extensive development experience with the .net framework and C# and good knowledge of .net libraries and frameworks including idiomatic usage
• Have a good understanding of database fundamentals and their implementation; in particular, the effective, performant and scalable use of SQL Server
• Be well practised at refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code
• Be able to effectively exploit the use of debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to build efficient software and to mentor others in their usage
• Be an expert in the use of distributed version control system tasks including merging, effectively resolving conflicts, cherry picking etc.
• Have customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues
• Have effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and an attention to detail
• Be passionate about learning and sharing new development skills
• Be effective at time management, estimation and prioritization
• Have taken a leading role in coordinating and directing the activities of other team members
• Have a first class or upper second class honours degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics from a recognised university (or overseas equivalent)
The following would also be an advantage:
• To have experience of working in an agile team environment and have a good understanding of agile methodologies in general
• To have a good understanding of, and skills in, test automation techniques
If you are currently in software, lead role or are currently working as a Lead software Engineer(C#) this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Reference Code – MJH2248
If this Lead Software Engineer (C#) role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.