About the Senior Engineer, Software role
Our client develops an in-house connected audio platform and licences the data to third-party developers who build their own applications. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the back-end servers which provide data to these devices, either through our own extensive stations and podcast aggregator, or via third-part services such as Pandora, Sirius, Rhapsody and iHeart Radio. Our client is looking to recruit an additional member to join their server team to work with extending the current offering and looking forward to the next generation of the architecture. You will be a key participant in the development of our client’s new range of consumer audio products which are sold to some of the best-known audio and Hi-Fi companies across the globe.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Engineer, Software will include:
• Develop and test software of major scale and complexity in Java and databases to agreed timescales
• Perform requirements capture from customers, service providers and colleagues
• Task definition and work breakdown including time estimation
• Maintain software including defect investigation
• Deliver high quality software in line with the department’s processes
• Play a significant role in continuous development of the department’s processes
• Create relevant documentation following the department’s processes
• Assist/Lead external inter-operability test events
• Contributes ideas and experience to new design projects.
You will have a degree or equivalent qualification and experience in maths, science, software, electronics and a significant period in commercial Java development.
Database experience such as MySql or Oracle and a good understanding of developing unit tests and working in a configuration management environment are required.
Although not essential the following experience would be beneficial for this position.
• Working knowledge of Perl, Python, PHP and Ruby
• Working with JMS (or other message queue systems) in a production type environment.
• Using tools such as Eclipse and Maven.
• Good experience working directly with customers or marketing
• Good understanding of developing for Internet servers such as Tomcat/JBoss.
• Experience of working with large data sets.
If you are currently in a Java software role or are currently working as a Java Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Excellent starting salaries compared to the competitive Cambridge market
• Up to 20% annual bonus
• Company pension contributions
• Share save scheme
• Private medical insurance, life insurance, critical illness protection
• 25 days holiday
• Childcare vouchers
• On-site canteen with free lunch (hot or cold) every day!
• Free on-site gym and corporate gym membership
Job Reference Code – MJH1800
If this Senior Engineer role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.