About the Senior Software Engineer role
The role will require you to specify, design, develop and test embedded software for complex medical systems including mobile platforms for digital health applications.
Many of the systems you will be working on will include some form of digital communication system, as well as various sensors or actuators, thus requiring an all-round engineering knowledge, attention to detail and good team-work skills.
Each project is different, and you will get involved at all stages of the product development lifecycle.
As a senior, we would expect you to be involved in multiple projects simultaneously, taking responsibility for the delivery of the assigned task.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
• Provide technical leadership in your area of expertise
• Working within a multidisciplinary team do develop software specifications and test protocols
• Deliver high-quality code, according to specifications
• Deliver high-quality design documentation according to medical regulations
• Perform tests, code reviews, and other quality assurance tasks
• Fast prototyping in support of proof of principle activities
Carrying out your specific project tasks within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
There are many other aspects to the work in addition to design and development, including the participation in work estimation, the presentation of results to clients or the participation in concept-generation sessions.
As your experience develops you will be given the opportunity to take on further responsibilities such as project team leadership or project management.
You will be expected to work on multiple projects at once and the role may include some travel.
To meet the requirements of this role, in addition to a good degree in a relevant subject such as electronics engineering or computer science, you will have:
• Experience with programming on Android or iOS platforms
• Good knowledge of C and experience in programming embedded microcontrollers
• Good communication and presentation skills
If you are currently in a senior software medical technology role or are currently working as a Senior Software Engineer (Digital Health) this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
• Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
• Pension Scheme
• Life assurance plan
• Private medical insurance
• Travel insurance
• Disability insurance plan
• Free canteen – lunches and refreshments
• 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
• Relocation assistance if applicable
• Excellent career development and training opportunities
• Flexible working hours
• Social Committee
Job Reference Code – MJH1813
If this Senior Software Engineer (Digital Health) role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.