Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
About the Senior Software Engineers role
This is an opportunity to work on leading edge products which will be used by many of the world’s largest consumer electronic companies.
Working as part of a small team, you will work on DSP frameworks and applications, integrating algorithms into the DSP framework, (occasionally) developing new audio processing algorithms and developing test scenarios and debugging problems.
Some of the software development will be in Kalimba DSP assembly, but various other parts of the system use C. Various different programs are used on PCs for debugging/testing and emulating host processor functionality. These are written in a variety of languages including C, C++, Python, Perl, Matlab and tcl.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Production of quality embedded DSP software
• Problem solving and code debugging
• Providing support on customer issues/requirements to application engineers
• Providing input to project planning and timescales
• Creation of engineering documentation
• Development of intellectual property and submission of patent applications
Suitable candidates for the role of Senior SW Engineer DSP will need to have most of the following:
• A good degree in Maths, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or something similar
• Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems. Demonstrated innovative and creative thinking capabilities.
• Familiarity with at least 2 of these languages: C, Python, Assembly
• Embedded/DSP programming experience, including familiarity with assembly language
• Knowledge of signal processing theory and techniques
• Highly professional, flexible, with the ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
• Eager to learn, Self-motivated, independent, proactive and able to work effectively in a group
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
Although not essential, the following requirements would be beneficial for the position:
• Experience in development of audio processing embedded systems
• Proven track record of developing signal processing algorithms, preferably audio
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• Experience of revision control and bug tracking
• Knowledge of hardware design principles
• Experience developing software for communications chips, for example using BlueLab, BCHS or Kalimba assembly language
• Proven track record of shipping best-in-class embedded products
• Familiarity with radio communications and telecommunications theory and practice
If you are currently in a DSP engineering role or are currently working as a DSP Software or Senior Software Engineer this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Excellent starting salaries compared to the competitive Cambridge market
• Annual bonus
• Company pension contributions
• Share save scheme
• Private medical insurance, life insurance, critical illness protection
• 25 days holiday
• Childcare vouchers
• On-site canteen with free lunch (hot or cold) every day!
• Free on-site gym and corporate gym membership
Job Reference Code – MJH2365
If this Senior SW Engineer DSP role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.