Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
About the Technology Developer – Hardware/Firmware role
As a Technology Developer you will find yourself responsible for R & D, delivering technical work on client projects, project management as well as business development. The position is largely based in their Cambridge office however you will have the opportunity for some travel,this could be UK-wide, within Europe or the United States.
You will be working in a rapidly evolving industry at an exciting time for technologists developing solutions for the sustainability agenda. In order to be successful you will need to demonstrate leadership in pursuit of technical solutions and novel ideas, have a hands-on approach to problem solving and ultimately managing projects against time, budget and client expectations.
Specific responsibilities of the Technology Developer – Hardware/Firmware will include:
The role is varied and you will be required to apply your problem solving skills on a daily basis. You should enjoy participating in a dynamic team, working towards deadlines and delivering excellent technical solutions. You will be required to communicate effectively in a wide range of environments, both with colleagues and clients and will have the opportunity to develop your negotiation skills.
• Excellent experience and knowledge of using C in deeply embedded devices
• Hardware experience, able to develop and debug combined FW/HW systems
• Knowledge of fixed-point signal processing
• Familiarity with good software development practices (Revision Control, Unit Testing, Requirements and release management)
• Experience and knowledge of another (higher level) language (Python, .NET, Java)
• Highly self motivated
• Creative with hands-on problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong in mathematical analysis
• Have strong customer facing skills
• Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
• Have effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Be a team player
• Schematic and PCB Layout skill
• Strong understanding of physical systems and metrology
• Familiarity with Linux use and administration
• Database design
If you are currently in a technology development – hardware/firmware role or are currently working as a Technology Developer – Hardware/Firmware this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Holiday package of 25 days per year
• Group life cover at 4 times basic salary
• Private health care
• Non-contributory pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
• Permanent health insurance
• Relocation expenses as appropriate
• Employee referral bonus
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Additional maternity and paternity benefits
• Free teacoffeebiscuitsfruit
Job Reference Code – MJH2240
If this Technology Developer – Hardware/Firmware role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.