Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
About the UI Engineer role
Our client is a seeking a bright and enthusiastic UI engineer to join their talented development team working on a new generation of web applications.
UI Engineers get involved in all stages of the development lifecycle of these products, from user interface design and specification through to development, testing and automating deployment.
They use the latest web development technologies and encourage engineers to stay up to date with the latest developments in the field. You will join the team responsible for ensuring that the Web Platform products are developed and maintained to a high standard, working closely within the team and with the Product Manager.
They expect you to be proactive, bringing your ideas and creativity to bear on our product development process.
Specific responsibilities of the UI Engineer will include:
• Helping to ensure that we have great automated test coverage using tools such as Jasmine and Protractor.
• Championing the user experience in the software development process.
• Helping to manage continuous integration via our dedicated TeamCity suite.
• Learning and applying SOLID principles to create well architected, maintainable code.
• Participating in our peer code review process (using GitHub).
• Have knowledge of designing and implementing web-based applications.
• Have an eye for design and visual aesthetics and an attention to detail.
• Have strong communication skills and the ability to draft and visually communicate UI design concepts.
• Have a first or second class honours degree in computer science, engineering, science, or maths.
• Have knowledge of LESS and AJAX.Have experience of working in an agile environment.
• Have experience with unit and end to end testing frameworks for web applications, such as Jasmine or Protractor.
• Have some knowledge and experience in the materials domain, though this is not a requirement for this position.
If you are currently in a UI engineering role or are currently working as a UI Engineer this is the ideal next step in your career.
Benefits on offer
As well as the opportunity to further your career in a leading edge environment, our client is also able to offer you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Reference Code – MJH2249
If this UI Engineer role sounds right for you or you would like to find out more about the role or the company, please get in touch asap.